Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Get to Cut the Cord... Again


Work has been crazy lately, and I haven't been getting home until about 6:00, which is usually just in-time to catch the messiest diaper of the day (I don't think I'll ever be able to eat curry again). Today I got an added surprise to the blowout (that's what we call an explosion in the diaper), Drew's umbilical cord was holding on by a thread. Being Dad, I figured it would be better to cut the "thread" than to have it get ripped-off during a diaper change, so I took the opportunity to once again cut the cord. It was bittersweet, especially because although I can't wait for him to grow up, I don't want him to grow up... at least not too quickly. Here's a post cord shot, isn't he cute!

1 comment:

The Hodges Family said...

oh my word! he is cute!!! :) he's getting so much bigger already!! oh, drew...we love you!!! :) and you, too Nik and Jas hahah!